Teach English in Asia
Apply to teach English in Asia
Call 0800 474 400
If you'd rather go it alone and find your own teaching job in Asia, have a look at our TEFL course qualifications which you can do online!
Speak English? Teach!
Check out our quick summary of teaching English positions in Asia,
|China||Earn up to 6,200RMB (NZ$1390 approx) a month with rent-free accommodation! Plus a potential bonus of 700RMB - 7,900RMB on successful completion of contract.||Contract length are 6, 7.5, 12, 13.5 months||You will be teaching a maximum of 18 students in each class of all age groups but most will fall between ages 4-15 years.|
|Indonesia||Earn up to IDR 8,500,000 (NZ$1285 approx) per month based on just 23 hours a week! You’ll also enjoy the benefits of subsidised housing.||Contract length is 1 year||You will be teaching a mix of 5-9 year olds, 9-14 year olds and 14 years up with a maximum of 14 students.|
|Japan||Earn up to 250,000 Yen (NZ$3970 approx) a month with plenty of school and public holidays.||Contract lengths are 2,4,5,6 and 7 months with specific start months for each contract duration||You will be teaching students between 6 and 18 years old. in class sizes of between 30 to 40 students per class.|
|South Korea||You'll earn up to 2,100,000 Won (NZ$2480 approx) a month in South Korea. You'll also be reimbursed for your flights and receive a bonus on successful completion of your 12 month contract.||Contract length is 1 year||You will need to be prepared to teach all levels. Most students are aged 3 to 15. With class sizes ranging from 8-12 students.|
Also ask us about teaching in Thailand options.
What does it include?
- Comprehensive, fully accredited, online TEFL training (100 hours)
- Self-study grammar awareness modules and a TEFL toolkit
- FREE job service placement in selected countries upon completion of the course
- On-hand advice and guidance from TEFL qualified and experienced professionals Comprehensive, fully accredited, online TEFL training (minimum 100 hours)
Am I eligible?
- Be 18 years old or above (for Japan you are required to be 21)
- Have a keen interest in travelling or working abroad
- Be able to demonstrate an ability to relate to and understand a different culture and be willing to cope with the difficulties of living in a foreign country
- Be a native English speaker
- Be educated to the age of 18 years (required for Indonesia)
- Hold a University degree (required for China, South Korea and Japan)
- Hold a New Zealand passport.
What does it cost?
(Already TEFL qualified? Talk to your STA Travel Adviser about your options)
Get paid to teach English in Asia
Call on 0800 474 400