What is a KR PASS?
The Korean Rail Pass (KR PASS) is a railway pass aimed towards visitors and can only be booked outside of South Korea. Visitors can freely use all the trains of KORAIL (excluding the subways and tourist trains/first class trains), without limit in terms of the travel section and the count. KR PASS offers visitors a fabulous way to explore this fascinating country, and an opportunity to really experience the local culture.
KR PASS has 3 different categories - Normal Pass / Saver Pass / Yourth Pass -, and available for 3, 5, 7 or 10 days.
Discounts are available for groups (2 to 5 people), students aged between 13 and 25 or those holding a valid International Student Identification Card (ISIC). Please ask our friendly travel adviser.
details South Korean Rail Passes - details .
KR PASS TYPE
A regular pass for adults and children aged between 4 and 12 years.
One pass which can be used by 2 to 5 in a group when travelling together.
A pass for students aged between 13 and 25 or those holding a valid International Student Identification Card (ISIC).
|* Please note that KR PASS is for consecutive days travel only.
* Passenger age (for children and the youth pass) is based on the date that the STA Travel itinerary is exchanged for KR PASS - NOT on the date of initial purchase.
* All passengers who are Children/Youth must carry with them proof of age and/or their International Student Identity Card (ISIC), and they must be vald throughout the travel. Passengers must allow this to be inspected by railway officials along with their ticket.
* This product is not valid for sale to Korean citizens, or anyone who has resided in South Korea for more than 6 months.
* Korean citizens who have can prove that they have foregin residency or a long-stay visa in a foreign country are also applicable for a KR Pass.
* Please read "◆ OTHER GENERAL TICKET USE INFORMATION ≪INPORTANT≫" below.
PRICES (Prices in JPY)
*The prices are effective in July, 2017(booking and issuing). The prices are subject to change every month and may be changed without notice.
*Please inquire with one of our consultnats about any issues or concerns you may have before your booking.
*Please book the ticket 5 days prior to departure date from Japan.
|● 1 Day Youth Pass||7,600||1 day travel|
|● 1 Day Saver Pass (2-5 people)||8,600|
|● 1 Day Normal Pass (Adult)||9,600|
|● 3 Day Youth Pass||10,600||3 consecutive days of travel|
|● 3 Day Saver Pass (2-5 people)||12,000|
|● 3 Day Normal Pass (Adult)||13,300|
|● 5 Day Youth Pass||15,900||5 consecutive days of travel|
|● 5 Day Saver Pass (2-5 people)||17,800|
|● 5 Day Normal Pass (Adult)||19,800|
|● 7 Day Youth Pass||18,400||7 consecutive days of travel|
|● 7 Day Saver Pass (2-5 people)||20,700|
|● 7 Day Normal Pass (Adult)||23,000|
|● 10 Day Youth Pass||-||10 consecutive days of travel|
|● 10 Day Saver Pass (2-5 people)||-|
|● 10 Day Normal Pass (Adult)||-|
*** Please ask our Travel Adviser for Youth Pass Fare.
◆ HOW TO USE VOUCHER
Once you have reserved a KR Pass, we will issue you a voucher that can be redeemed at a main exchange station upon arraivel in South Korea.
Main exchange stations inculde: Seoul station, Yeong-Deung Po station, Dae-Jeon station, East Dae-Gu station, Bu-San station, Kyung-Ju station, KwangJju station, In-Cheon airport railroad information and etc.
◆ HOW TO USE KR PASS
◆ OTHER GENERAL TICKET USE INFORMATION ≪INPORTANT≫
- Booking must be made 7days prior to departure from Japan.
- Please note that KR PASS is for consecutive days travel only.
- You may not be able to use KR PASS on public holidays in Korea;
Public Holidays in 2015： 18FEB-20FEB, 01MAR, 05MAY, 25MAY, 06JUN, 15AUG, 26SEP-29SEP, 03OCT, 09OCT, 25DEC, Chinese New Year days, Thanksgiving, Buddha's birthday etc.
（REF: Korea Tourism Organization http://japanese.visitkorea.or.kr/jpn/index.kto）
- KR PASS can only be used by the name bearer of the pass. Should you request service from a station officer, you must present your KR PASS along with your passport and any other identification cards that you may possess.
- The STA Travel itinerary(Voucher) must be exchanged for KR PASS within 180 days of date of purchase.
- KR PASS must be used within 30 days from the date of exchange. Passengers must receive a stamp of approval to validate the effective time period and receive departure verification from the station officer. The pass will otherwise be considered invalid.
- KR PASS is not available for travel on the city subway or tourist train. A supplement is to be paid for travel in first class on the Saemarl Express train.
- The pass will be considered effective from the time of initial departure from the departing station.
- If you do not reserve your seats before departure time, there may not be any seats available. It is advised that you book your seats in advance, especially during the weekends. You may have to travel in the standing room only section in Mugunhwa Express if there are no seats available. Please note that you must reserve your seat for every train ride, and that reservations can only be made at the departing station.
- Korean Nation Railroad is not responsible for train delays, baggage theft or loss. KR PASS does not cover travel insurance.
-In cases below, note that passenger's KR PASS will be invalidated and passenger will be charged penalty which costs 3 to 5 times the standard ticket price.
*Using the pass before the effective period or after expiration date.
*Failing to comply with the request to present passenger ID by the train conductor.
*Failing to reveal the correct age for ticket purchase.
*Intentionally changing the passenger information, effective date, or date of production on the face of the ticket.
*Purchasing tickets under another person's name.
*Otherwise failing to comply with expected passenger conduct.
- Passenger age (for children and the youth pass) is based on the date that the STA Travel itinerary is exchanged for the Korean Rail pass - NOT on the date of initial purchase.
- All passengers who are Children/Youth must carry with them proof of age and/or their International Student Identity Card (ISIC), and they must be vald throughout the travel. Passengers must allow this to be inspected by railway officials along with their ticket.
- This product is not valid for sale to Korean citizens, or anyone who has resided in South Korea for more than 6 months.
- Korean citizens who have can prove that they have foregin residency or a long-stay visa in a foreign country are also applicable for a KR Pass.
HANDLING CHARGE / CANCELLATION AND BOOKING CHANGE CHARGE
HANDLING CHARGE *The following handling charge is excluding tax .
|If you purchase an international flight ticket at STA Travel Japan.||Free of charge|
|If you do not purchase an international flight ticket at STA Travel Japan.||1,080yen (per person, per pass)|
|※Handling charges are non-refundable.|
CANCELLATION AND BOOKING CHANGE CHARGE
|If the issued Voucher has NOT BEEN EXCHANGED to the KR PASS.||1,080yen|
|If the issued Voucher has ALREADY BEEN EXCHANGED to the KR PASS.||30% of pass fare + 1,080yen|