Once you have reserved a Korail Pass, we will issue you a voucher that can be redeemed at a main exchange station upon arraivel in South Korea.
Main exchange stations inculde: Seoul station, Yeong-Deung Po station, Dae-Jeon station, East Dae-Gu station, Bu-San station, Kyung-Ju station, KwangJju station, In-Cheon airport railroad information and etc.
- Please note that Korail Pass is for consecutive days travel only.
- You may not be able to use Korail Pass on public holidays in Korea;
Public Holidays in 2018： 1JAN, 15FEB-17FEB, 1MAR, 5MAY, 22MAY, 6JUN, 13JUN, 15AUG, 23SEP-25SEP, 3OCT, 9OCT, 25DEC etc.
（REF: Korea Tourism Organization http://japanese.visitkorea.or.kr/jpn/index.kto）
- Korail Pass can only be used by the name bearer of the pass. Should you request service from a station officer, you must present your Korail Pass along with your passport and any other identification cards that you may possess.
- The STA Travel itinerary(Voucher) must be exchanged for Korail Pass within 180 days of date of purchase.
- Korail Pass must be used within 30 days from the date of exchange. Passengers must receive a stamp of approval to validate the effective time period and receive departure verification from the station officer. The pass will otherwise be considered invalid.
- Korail Pass is not available for travel on the city subway or tourist train. A supplement is to be paid for travel in first class on the Saemarl Express train.
- The pass will be considered effective from the time of initial departure from the departing station.
- If you do not reserve your seats before departure time, there may not be any seats available. It is advised that you book your seats in advance, especially during the weekends. You may have to travel in the standing room only section in Mugunhwa Express if there are no seats available. Please note that you must reserve your seat for every train ride, and that reservations can only be made at the departing station.
- Korean Nation Railroad is not responsible for train delays, baggage theft or loss. Korail Pass does not cover travel insurance.
-In cases below, note that passenger's Korail Pass will be invalidated and passenger will be charged penalty which costs 3 to 5 times the standard ticket price.
*Using the pass before the effective period or after expiration date.
*Failing to comply with the request to present passenger ID by the train conductor.
*Failing to reveal the correct age for ticket purchase.
*Intentionally changing the passenger information, effective date, or date of production on the face of the ticket.
*Purchasing tickets under another person's name.
*Otherwise failing to comply with expected passenger conduct.
- Passenger age (for children and the youth pass) is based on the date that the STA Travel itinerary is exchanged for the Korail Pass - NOT on the date of initial purchase.
- All passengers who are Children/Youth must carry with them proof of age and/or their International Student Identity Card (ISIC), and they must be vald throughout the travel. Passengers must allow this to be inspected by railway officials along with their ticket.
- This product is not valid for sale to Korean citizens, or anyone who has resided in South Korea for more than 6 months.
- Korean citizens who have can prove that they have foregin residency or a long-stay visa in a foreign country are also applicable for a Korail Pass.